If you could name one security camera that’s 100% wire-free and comes with IP65 certification for weather resistance, the Arlo Pro would clearly conquer your mind. The camera also comes with rechargeable batteries and two-way audio compatibility. This makes the Arlo Pro, a preferred choice for users across the US and Canada.
If you have recently upgraded to a new Arlo Pro Setup, learning about the setup procedure will go a long way in ensuring seamless recording, performance, and security. This blog will walk you through the steps to set up your new Arlo Pro cameras in easy steps.
Preparing for the setup
To begin with the setup process, you’ll need to set up your Arlo Pro system. This involves the following steps:
Inserting the battery
- Press and hold the latch on the camera to unlock the battery compartment.
- Pull the battery door back to open the same.
- Align the contacts and insert the battery into the compartment.
- Once inserted, close the door.
Downloading the App
- Download and install the Arlo app for your smartphone by visiting your device’s respective app store. The app is available on all major application stores including Google Play Store, Apple App Store, etc. You can therefore, download and install the same in easy steps.
- If you have the app on your smartphone already, make sure it is on the latest version.
Connecting Base Station to the Internet
- Connect the base station to the wifi router using an ethernet cable.
- Plug one end of the LAN cable into the LAN port on your router and the other end to the ethernet port on your base station device.
- Connect the AC adapter to your base station and plug the same into the power outlet at your home. Turn on the power supply.
- On your Base station, press the ON/OFF button to turn it on.
- Allow some 2 minutes till the Power and the Internet LEDs on the front of the base station glow in green.
Signing up for an Arlo Account
You’ll need to create an Arlo account using the Arlo App or the http://my.arlo.com login page. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Launch the Arlo app and tap on the New to Arlo? Link. Select Arlo Wire-Free from the list and proceed with the account setup.
- Fill in the required information in the form and tap on the Create Account button.
- Verify your account by clicking on the verification link sent to you on your registered email address.
Add your Arlo Pro camera
- Launch the Arlo App on your smartphone. You can also sign in to the Arlo app using my.arlo.com.
- On the app, tap on Add Device button and select the Arlo Wire-Free from the list.
- Select Arlo Pro and the app will now attempt to detect your camera. Make sure the camera is powered on.
- You can now select your base station’s serial number from the menu.
- Next, select the time zone from the menu and tap Continue.
- Complete the required fields for the account setup and tap on Continue again.
- Your Arlo Pro device is now added to the Arlo account.
Sync your camera with the Base Station
- Place the camera within at least one to three feet of the base station.
- Press and hold the Sync button on the base station for about 2 seconds and release the same.
- Wait for the Sync Status LED to turn green.
- When it does, press the Sync button on the camera for about 2 seconds and release the same. The LED on the camera will now light in blue and blink rapidly to confirm sync.
If the Sync is unsuccessful, the LED will light amber and blink rapidly for 10 seconds. You can now repeat the Sync process. You can repeat the process for each camera.
The Arlo Pro camera setup process is now complete and you can mount it for home surveillance.
Mounting your Arlo Pro
- Once set up, you can mount your camera on a wall using mounts, or place it on a shelf or a flat surface.
- Make sure the location where you install your camera is in the good signal range of your wireless network. The Arlo app will tell you about the signal quality that the camera is able to receive.
You can position your camera to optimize its field of view. Try keeping the active locations in the field of view. Make sure there are no walls, tables, or objects close to the camera. You can also use the Position Mode to send videos to the cloud as quickly as possible. This will allow you to aim the camera while you are watching the live stream on the app. You can also make real-time adjustments to the position so it feels like tracking the movement of an object. You can enable Position Mode from the camera settings.
Charge your Arlo Pro’s Battery
You will need to recharge your battery indoors even if you have installed it outdoors. Follow these steps to charge the same:
- Connect the power adapter cable to the camera. Connect the adapter to the power outlet and turn on the power supply.
- The camera LED will light up solid blue once the battery is fully charged.