Winter is coming! With winter comes the season of travelling. We all wait for the whole freaking year to enjoy the vibes of winter amid exotic locations. Just a couple of months are left in the season of fun, love and vacations. Why not start planning today? Right. This winter, let’s explore the country of royalty: England. The best part is you can get exclusive discounts with American Airlines Booking. Premium service and that too at a discounted rate. What else does anyone want? So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!
The West Midlands region of England is home to the stunning city of Birmingham. Birmingham is a vibrant city with plenty to offer tourists. Along with several cultural attractions, the city is home to a number of notable businesses. England’s Birmingham is a lovely city with a vibrant history and culture. Many museums, landmarks, and other attractions can be found throughout the city and are sure to pique tourists’ interests.
Looking for fun things to do in Birmingham? When it comes to exploring this gorgeous city, there is an ever-evolving set of activities to choose from. Whether you are looking to visit a local museum or sample the city’s varied cuisine, there is plenty to fill any itinerary. In this blog post, we will share some of our favourite recommendations.
1. The Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
- The Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery is one of the largest and most popular museums in the UK.
- With over a million visitors each year, it is no surprise that this museum is always at the top of the list of the best places to visit in Birmingham.
- The museum houses an incredible collection of art and artefacts, and the building itself is a work of art.
- If you are a fan of history or art, this is the place for you. You must not leave this place to mention your things to do in Birmingham.
2. The Birmingham Cathedral
- The Birmingham Cathedral is one of the most beautiful buildings in the city.
- The Gothic architecture of the cathedral is simply stunning. You must have never seen such a thoughtful example of the architect.
- The panoramic view from the top of the tower is breathtaking.
- If you are looking for a place to relax and enjoy the beauty of Birmingham, this is the perfect spot.
3. The Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- The Birmingham Botanical Gardens are a must-see for any nature lover.
- With over 15,000 plants and flowers, the gardens are a beautiful oasis in the middle of the city.
- The colourful and vibrant sight of these gardens soothes the eyes and makes us calm and peaceful.
- The gardens also have a café and a gift shop, to make your day worthwhile.
4. The Birmingham Zoo
- The Birmingham Zoo is one of the oldest zoos in the country and is home to over 200 species of animals.
- The zoo is a great place to learn about animals from all over the world, and you can even feed some of the animals.
- We all have little munchkins in our family and they will love the Birmingham Zoo.
- Also, the little child inside us all longs for such an intriguing experience.
- This zoo should be of your things to do while in Birmingham.
5. The Soho House
- The Soho House is a historic building that was once the home of the famous writer, J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Yes, you read it right. The Soho House is the highlight of the city.
- The house is now a museum dedicated to Tolkien’s life and work.
- We all love The Lord of the Rings and once in our life have thought to witness this great man’s life.
- The Soho House is welcoming us and we must not let our curious and excited kids wait.
6. Peaky Blinders Tour
- Hey Binge-Watchers! Are you aware of the fact that the Peaky Blinder gang belonged to Birmingham?
- Yes, guys. You can now witness the life of your favourite character on this tour.
- We do not think that this tour needs any further sneak-peak.
- You all will be experiencing it for sure. The only suggestion is to go with your open heart and enjoy every bit of it.
7. ThinkTank, Birmingham Science Museum
- It is your call to start thinking to visit ThinkTank.
- To all the science enthusiasts, Birmingham Science Museum has a lot to offer you all.
- This museum features everything. The Woolrich Generator; the world’s first heavy electrical machine, the Woolrich Generator, as well as aircraft, railways, cars, tractors, and steam engines.
- Who does not love chocolates? Here, you can witness the famous chocolate packaging machine too.
- This place is the perfect combination of learning with fun.
8. Jewellery Quarter
- To all the lovely ladies out there. Jewellery Quarter is going to make your trip unforgettable. We can sense the enthralling excitement of you guys.
- Let’s amaze you all with an interesting fact about the location. The area is home to more than 200 jewellers’ workshops and silversmiths, which create over 40% of the jewellery in Britain. Did you know?
- Have you ever wished to see how jewellery is manufactured? Then you must visit Jewellery Quarter.
- The Museum of the Jewellery Quarter is the leading attraction in this region for tourists since it gives them a behind-the-scenes peek at the industry.
9. The Vulcan Park and Museum
- The Vulcan Park and Museum is dedicated to Vulcan and the history of iron and steel in Birmingham.
- Vulcan, the Roman god of fire and forge, is the largest cast iron statue in the world.
- Though it is not declared officially, the statue is considered the symbol of Birmingham.
- Be sure to take the elevator to the top of Vulcan for a breathtaking view of the city!
10. Black Country Living Museum
- If you are looking for a great place to visit in Birmingham, you should definitely check out the Black Country Living Museum.
- This museum is dedicated to the history and culture of the Black Country region, and it is a great place to learn about the area’s rich history.
- You can also explore the different homes and businesses that were once a part of the Black Country, and see how the people of the region lived and worked.
11. The Cadbury World
- For something a little bit sweet, Cadbury World is a must-visit.
- This chocolate-themed attraction is fun for all the family.
- It is all about Cadbury and its sweet history.
- Here, you can learn about the history of Cadbury, see how the chocolate is made, and of course, sample some delicious treats along the way.
- Do not forget to visit this sweetest place to make your trip sweeter.
12. The National Sea Life Centre
- We all love witnessing the little cute creatures of the water. \
- The National Sea life center is a great place to visit if you are interested in marine life.
- You can see a variety of different sea creatures, and learn about the different habitats that they live in.
- It is always fun to know about the habitat around us.
- Those little creatures are inviting you to visit them and you must not upset them by not visiting them.
These all are the highlights of the city. Tourists come from all over the world to experience the vibes of this vibrant city.
Go and book your seats now to not miss the fun of this enthralling vacation to Birmingham. With American Airlines Seat Selection, you can get your favorite window seat without any worries.
Happy Winters Guys.