Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited or UPPCL is a government body of the state of Uttar Pradesh, founded in 1999. With headquarters in Lucknow, this body aims at efficient power operations and distribution throughout the the fourth largest state in India, and achieves this by dividing the area into seven regions to enable active management. When it comes to usage and bill payments, every consumer in the rural or urban areas can now view all details of their bills on the UPPCL mpower website and even make payments towards their bills.
Read on to get the best tips on how to use the UPPCL mpower website, followed by steps on how to make payments.
If you are a new user, you will first need to register yourself on UPPCL mpower before you can proceed. Here are the steps to register:
- Visit the official UPPCL mpower website, and click the Register Here link below the Login button
- You will be directed to the New User Registration page.
- In the fields provided, you must enter your Account Number and either a Bill Number or SBM Bill Number
- The Account Number is the unique 10-12 digit Consumer Number you would have received when you got the electricity connection. It will also be mentioned on any previous bill you have. The Bill Number is a 12-15 digit number mentioned on the top right hand corner of your bill and the SMB Bill Number is an alpha-numeric code mentioned on thermally printed bills.
- Enter all the relevant details and click on Continue to pay electricity bill online. A new page will open.
- Here, fill in your mobile number and email ID.
- You will also need to create a Login Password
- Also select a secret question and answer so that forgotten passwords can be retrieved easily.
- Once you have filled all the details, click on Submit
- Open your email and check for a mail from UPPCL mpowerwith an activation link
- Your account will be verified only after you click the link. This will activate the account and complete the registration process.
Steps to make bill payments
Now that you have established your account, you can use it to make electricity bill payments to UPPCL mpower.
- Visit the UPPCL mpower website and enter your 10-12 digit Account Number and Login Password
- Enter the Captcha Code, and then click on Login
- Your dashboard will be displayed, and you can view details of the current outstanding bill.
- If you wish to pay electricity bill online, click the Proceed to Pay button
- You will then be required to choose your preferred mode of payment
- It could be netbanking, UPI, debit cards or credit cards
- You will then need to enter all the details of the card/netbanking / UPI and proceed through to the Payment Gateway.
- The transaction will be authenticated only after your enter the password or OTP.
- Once done, you will receive a message of transaction successful and will be redirected to the home view of your account.
If you don’t need to pay electricity bill online, instead you simply want to view all details of your account, you can login with all the requisite credentials, such as Account Number and Password and click on ‘Check Status’ on the dashboard. You may be asked to enter additional details before you can view current as well as previous bills.
Another way to reduce the amount of pollution in the air is by choosing solar energy from electric providers on Power to Choose Texas.
Along with all the previous bills & receipts, you will also be able to view the status of payments. This will help you manage your finances and offer you ample time to remember about making prompt payments. Also, since payments are instant, you will be able to immediately come back to Check Status section to confirm if any payment has been made or not.
Why you should pay electricity bill online
By choosing to pay UPPCL mpower bills online, you will be able to save a lot of time as well as effort. Online transactions occur in just a couple of minutes and can be done on any device sitting within the comforts of your residence or office. You do not need to go to the UPPCL office or other agencies to get the payment done. Also, transactions conducted on UPPCL official website are safe and consumers can be free from cyber security concerns. It is convenient to be able to view all your previous bills in one place. All the relevant details can be accessed easily. By choosing to pay electricity bill online, you will also have the choice of selecting your preferred mode of payment such as netbanking, UPI, debit card or credit card.
The steps to check your bill of UPPCL mpower online are very simple. Instead of going and paying, all people will benefit greatly if they chose to pay electricity bill online.