According to the grand view, in 2019, the global education technology market was estimated at 76.4 billion. Additionally, the global education technology market is estimated to reach $404 billion by 2025.
Incorporating technology into education can benefit students of all ages. Technology seems to be revolutionizing and redefining education practices and educational software is playing its part by providing students with the best learning experiences and opportunities.
Moreover, with technology education has become more fun now which can lead to lower student dropout rates. Surprisingly, children and young students nowadays are more formalized with technology such as iPad and smartphones that integrating educational tools have become easier.
Among other things, educational software helps students to learn comfortably without fear of being in the classroom in front of teachers. There are a number of benefits that educational tech is bringing into view.
Apparently, technology is everywhere; and in order for our students to survive in this highly digitized world, and grow in the business landscape, they must learn, understand and know technology.
What is Education Technology or EdTech?
According to Investopedia, ‘EdTech (a combination of “education” and “technology”) refers to hardware and software designed to improve student education outcomes by enhancing teacher-led learning in classrooms.
EdTech is still in its infancy, but it shows promise as a method of tailoring a curriculum to a student’s ability level by introducing and strengthening new content at a rhythm the student can manage.’
Benefits of Education Software Development
Educational software development services are facilitating educational institutions and equipping them with the best solutions to broaden their horizons.
In another study by Grand view, EdTech is expected to have a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.1% year-over-year through 2027. Let’s look at some of the well-known benefits of education software development for schools and colleges;
educational software can encourage significant collaboration between students and teachers even in the physical classroom or virtual.
Moreover, a lot of management custom educational software eliminates the distractions in the classroom and helps students to collaborate on assignments together. Additionally. Teachers can easily keep track of students to ensure that they are focused on their tasks throughout the lecture/ session.
High Engagement Levels:
Lesser classroom engagement is one of the many reasons why education professionals need education software. As they are precisely designed for improving student engagement levels through interactive user interfaces.
Besides, technological advancements like virtual and augmented reality can greatly increase engagement levels among students in exciting ways. According to studies, gamification alone can improve outcomes by 45.45%, and 60.67% when combined with reading.
Enhances Learning Capabilities:
Digital educational systems can increase student retention rates, especially when coupled with advanced technologies like Artificial Intelligence.
Furthermore, Artificial intelligence can assess student learning capabilities based on which teachers can design their curriculum accordingly. And can also identify which students need individual attention. These AI-based assessments allow the student to concentrate more on their weaker areas and improve their knowledge on any particular subject matter.
educational instructors can easily grade assignments and make assessments through AI-powered grading tools to accurately grade tests with multiple-choice assessments.
Teachers can easily access all student information in one place. They can use the easily available student information to identify students that need more attention, and leverage that information to put together a comprehensive strategy and plan to improve overall classroom grades.
Moreover, education software development helps teachers to subject their focus on more important tasks whereas leaving the administrative task such as grading papers to education software itself.
Clear communication is one of the most important aspects of the entire educational system. Therefore, EdTech offers solutions designed to improve communication between both teachers and students.
Teachers can interact directly with students through learning management systems or classroom management systems. Similarly, teachers can seamlessly communicate with parents about their children’s progress coupled with evidence in form of grades and assessments.
Features of Educational Software
- EdTech software should have assignments and assessment features. It should enable teachers to create new tasks for students, evaluate student performance and progress, mark results and keep track of reports.
- Collaboration options for group projects are as important. It should offer features of viewing, sharing, and editing the files at the same time just as in google docs.Since most of the time schools are unable to afford digital devices. Therefore educational software should accommodate two students using a single screen at the same time for higher classroom efficiency.
- Education software should be user-friendly and intuitive so that students can continue to study without teacher supervision. Simple UI/ UX design can do the trick.
- EdTech applications should be highly optimized and responsive with cross-platform capabilities. So that they can be easily accessed through mobile phones and desktops alike.
- Keeping data secure is of utmost importance for educational institutions’ managements but at the same time since children are not that tech-savvy their login authentication should be simple yet secure. Moreover, a simple login will make the teacher’s job faster and easier as well.
- Seamless integration with other platforms is a must such as integration with third-party tools. Such as video conferencing tools, basic trivia or quiz tools, etc. only in case they are not in-built.
- Communication features are very important such as in-built chat so that teachers can communicate with students irrespective of the geographical location.
The Future of Education Software Development
The future of educational institutions looks super bright and would be so different from a traditional classroom. Where teachers are standing in front and delivering lectures while students copy down notes with little or no engagement and interaction.
instructive programming can empower critical cooperation among understudies and educators even in the actual classroom or virtual.
This traditional educational model is going to shift to a more advanced level. Which is advantageous to all the major stakeholders such as management, teachers, students, and parents.
Individualized learning experiences will be promoted through EdTech. The curriculum will be enhanced. Also, students’ progress can be easily monitored. Undoubtedly, education software development comes with its own perks and benefits.