When you go house hunting, what attracts you the most? It must be surely the cleanliness and maintenance of the house first. Before you move the house will surely get a fresh coat of paint. You can do it yourself or ask the landlord to get it done for you. In case you plan to do it yourself, you can set the right tone for yourself and according to your furniture.
This can be very confusing at times. Once you visit the shop, surrounded by the color or shade cards, texture booklet, can put you in the jeopardy. At that time, you will realize that there are probably many things that need your consideration. No need to feel confused anymore. Just take time to read the piece and get things together. This way you will be able to choose the right type of paint for your new house before you bring packers and movers to shift things.
Types of Wall Paints for Rental Property
What do you think of when you want to choose the right kind of paint for the rental property? An easy to clean and cheap option to color your house with. Isn’t it? For this, there are two basic types of paints that you can use on the walls. Have a look at how you can use it to your advantage.
For painting your house, spaces, or structure, water-based paints are the first option that one looks out for. As these solvents are comprised of water content and release a lower number of VOCs out so, they are chosen above others. To make your surroundings safe and chemical-free, water-based paints are considered the best of all paints.
In this category, you can find two types of paints and are Acrylic and Latex. If you know some of the advantages and disadvantages of using water-based painting, then it will be easier for you to make the right choice. Some of them are as follows:
Advantages of water-based painting
- There is no requirement of pre-treatment for water-based
- It stands compatible with all types of surfaces
- The water-based paint doesn’t fade in sunlight
- It dries very quickly
- It is easily washed off from the surfaces
- You won’t get the rich feeling by using water-based painting
- It doesn’t last long.
Now that you have a clear idea as to what to expect while using water-based painting, you can easily go ahead and decide whether to use it on the walls or not. Making the right choice will help you get the deed done within the appropriate budget.
Oil-based painting is something that lasts for quite a long time. In your rented property, this may not seem like a great option but if you are moving into your own house, things will be different. Using oil-based paint means that you don’t have to spend money every year on the painting of the house. Just washing the walls will do and your house will look brand new. The surface lasts longer and can stay as it is without repainting it again and again. They are not just durable but can withstand time and any kind of temperature.
You need to add white spirit and turpentine to the paint to ensure a great solution. The viscosity determines the type of finishing that you will get on your walls. As the glossiness on the wall settles, the dirt doesn’t stick to it easily. even if it is not that advantageous for the environment, still people prefer oil paint over water paint due to its durability. Not just that they are low maintenance and give out an attractive look. Moreover, you get a lot of options on colors, and texture painting is also available for you to choose from.
Advantages of oil-based painting
- The perfectly glossy finish to the walls with the oil-based painting is very favorable.
- You can do leveling quite easily with the help of this painting
- Even on the high moisture walls, it works perfectly fine.
- It is very durable and attractive to look at.
- The process involves adding turpentine and white spirit and that could be very messy
- It takes a lot of work in washing the paint
- The oil-based paint takes too much time to dry off
Also, Read This:- Mistakes to Avoid While Choosing a Moving Company
Tips to Choose the Perfect Paint for the House
The perfect paint decides the type of vibe you can enjoy in the house. It can be a tough call to finally pick the right kind of paint for the house. You can easily feel confused when you are presented with a variety of flashcards featuring different kinds of colors and textures. Here, are a few tips that can help you make the right choice while picking the paint for your property.
- Choose the favorite color in the flashcard to paint the walls, interiors, and exteriors of the place.
- It is not necessary that the favorite color suits all the rooms of the house. So, you can try and pick a common favorite of all the members present in the house such as butterscotch or light blue.
- In case you are thinking of redecorating the space, then the best bet will be to pick a color tone that matches the furniture in the house.
- It also helps to choose a color tone depending on the size of the space. If you are planning to color the smaller rooms then it will be best to go with the darker shades. For a bigger space, it is good to have lighter shades which will give it an airy vibe.
- Use a shade card while selecting the color for the walls. Don’t do it in haste, but spend some time thinking about the type of room you want it painted that way.
- Compare different color samples while selecting the perfect color for the space.
- The lighting plays a crucial role in showing the paint or reflecting it in the house. So decide the lighting according to the paint you are planning to choose.
Next time, before you hire packers and movers in Delhi, ensure that you get the painting done so that there is a lesser mess to clean afterward.