Learn the methods for how do I export PST file from Office 365 admin center with the help of this guide. It explains both technical and non-technical methods that can be used for exporting data files as per desire.
Why do you think is there a need to export data files to local storage?
Well, with Microsoft 365, it is easy to access data from any location and any device with a strong internet connection.
But, in situations where there is no internet connectivity, how can one access the data? Hence, exporting files from O365 is useful and comes in handy.
How about the procedure?
Let’s find out about it!
How Do I Export PST File from Office 365 Admin Center Without Data-Loss Threats?
There is a professional technique that you can apply i.e. Office 365 Export Tool.
Don’t worry, this tool has an easy-to-understand user interface which helps even the non-techies to learn how to use it and causes no trouble.
The software has various features such as:
- Export into different file formats like PST, EML, MSG
- Date & Category filter for selectively transferring data
- Divide large files into smaller parts using Split PST Option
- Naming Convention for renaming end results
- Transfer data from Shared & In-Place Archive Mailboxes
“How do I export PST file from Office 365 admin center” can be answered by following a few simple steps that the tool offers.
Let’s move to the next segment for the steps of the tool.
What Are the Instructions for Exporting Data Files Using the Tool?
- Launch the tool and hit the Login Fill in the details for Office 365 account and hit Sign in.
- Choose the PST option as the export type and mark the Split Outlook Data File After option and choose the size as per GB or MB.
- To export PST file from Office 365 admin center, select the items from the Select Categories section to export data from. Select the Date-Filter and hit Set to export data as per certain time-zone.
- Pick the destination location for the outcome by clicking on the Browse
- Lastly, Hit Start to complete the procedure.
Once the operation is completed, the tool will generate an export report in a CSV file format which you can download by hitting the Save Report option.
It consists of all the details showing the Progress and the Status.
Use the Free Demo
This utility comes with a free trial, users can avail of themselves a free demo in order to self verify the working and performance of this tool. Moreover, they can export two user’s accounts for free.
They just need to download the tool from the above link and activate it b signing up their email address. Then, an email would arise with an activation key. Users can activate the tool using this key.
How Do I Export PST File from Office 365 Admin Center Manually?
There is no specific tool that is built by Microsoft especially for exporting data from Office 365 mailboxes such as the New-MailboxExportRequest command.
This is why the eDiscovery Content Search method will be explained here to help users download and protect their data.
There are certain requirements you need to fulfill before executing this operation:
- Should be a member of the Discovery Management Role Group.
- Windows 7 or later versions should be installed.
- Need Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5 or newer editions.
- Permissions for Office 365 OWA.
Manual Steps to Export PST File from Office 365 Admin Center
- Log in to your Office 365 account and select the Admin Center
- From there, choose the Security and Compliance option to move further.
- Now, choose the Permissions option and mark the eDiscovery Manager
- Make sure you have all the roles required for the Discovery Management Group.
- Once the role is assigned, you need to click on the Start & Investigation option and choose the Content Search option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the New Search option from the new window.
- For the answer, how do I export PST file from Office 365 admin center, you have to select the data you want to create an export of the data. Add Conditions to filter your data and export more accurately.
- Here, select the emails or mailboxes via Choose Users option or export SharePoint and Public folders data by marking the Public folders
- After that, preview the search that you want to export and then go back to the saved searches. Choose the folder you want to export and click on the More Menu and hit Export Results
- To export PST file from Office 365 admin center, from the Export Results window, click on the required Output options and make sure you do not mark the Enable Duplication
- The next step is to click on the Export button and hit Start. Close the tab.
- Check the Export Report in the Export Before the procedure is completed, click on the Download Results button to begin the download.
- Copy the Export Key received during the procedure which is needed while exporting the data.
- Now, Paste this key in the Paste field and choose the location to save the data file.
- Press the Start button to complete the operation.
“How Do I Export PST File from Office 365 Admin Center” Manual Barriers
The procedure requires technical expertise which, if the user doesn’t have, could lead to huge complications and the task becomes almost impossible to be performed.
Various errors can be seen if eDiscovery is not configured in the proper way. Moreover, performing this task, takes a lot of time and effort and still doesn’t guarantee 100% accurate results.
It also makes it a lengthy operation which can lead to confusion among certain users.
Also Read: how to export Office 365 to PST?
The techniques for learning the procedure on how do I export PST from Office 365 admin center are explained in detail here.
Both the methods are useful and can perform the operation successfully but the manual method is far more difficult and complex than the software. Hence, the tool is an easy-to-use solution that allows going through the procedure simpler.