Because of its offline condition, the HP printer does not always allow you to print on Windows 10. When you’re in a hurry to print a document, it’s really inconvenient. We’ve compiled a list of all possible options for a hp printer offline fix on Windows 10.
Solution-1 HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility that you may download, install, and use.
- Check to see if there are enough papers in the input tray.
- After that, switch on your printer.
- The HP print and scan doctor automatic software can now be downloaded and installed.
- After that, you must launch the app, choose your printer, and run the diagnostic process.
- If your printer isn’t included in the list, select My product isn’t listed.
- Then, to fix the offline issue, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
Solution-2 Examine the Windows discovery services for functions.
- To begin, use the search panel in the bottom left corner to locate the control panel. Then click on devices and printers to proceed.
- The next step is to right-click on your printer and choose properties. Then, on the Ports tab, click.
- From the list, select a WSD port.
- If there is no WSD port, do not proceed with the steps following. You must print a Network Configuration sheet and then use printer EWS to make a manual IP connection.
- Finally, with Windows, you must add a regular TCP/IP printer port.
- Make sure the WSD port check box is selected if one is available. Now you must follow the instructions outlined below.
- The next step is to look for services in Windows.
- In the list, look for Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication.
- For both services, make sure that the status is Running and that the startup type is Automatic.
- If one or both of the items have a Manual Startup Type or are not running, right-click the item, select Properties, set the Startup Type to Automatic, click Apply, Start, and then OK.
- Close the Services window at the end.
Solution-3 Make your printer your default printer.
Users using HP printers are advised to set their printer as default in order to ensure that print and scan jobs are sent to the proper printer.
- To begin, use the search window to look for printers and scanners.
- Open the printers and scanners now.
- Make sure the box labelled “Let Windows manage my default printer” is unchecked.
- Now, select your printer from the list of printers and click Manage. If you have more than one printer with the same name, choose the one that is idle or online.
- Select Set as default from the Manage your device section.
Solution-4 In Windows, create a TCP/IP port for wireless printers.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to add a printer port to Windows that corresponds to your printer’s IP address.
- You must first print a Network configuration report or the results of a wireless network test.
- The IP address of your printer may now be found on the network configuration page.
- Then, while holding down the Windows key, look for printers and scanners.
- Select Manage after clicking on the name of your printer icon.
- Continue by selecting Printer Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the ports tab and select Add Port.
- Now click on the new port after selecting the regular TCP/IP port.
- After that, type your printer’s IP address and click Next.
Now, from the list, choose the new standard TCP/IP port and click on it.
Solution-5 To resolve the offline error warning, restart the HP wireless printer and router.
If your system can’t find the wireless printer using a Wi-Fi connection. After that, you must restart your computer, printer, and router. Following that, you must establish a new link between them.
NOTE: You must connect the printer directly to the wireless network while troubleshooting the network connection to fix the printer showing an offline warning.
- Turn off your wireless printer first, and then wait at least 20 seconds.
- After that, you’re supposed to unplug the power cable from the back end.
- Turn off the system you were trying to print documents from now on.
- Then, connect the power cable to the printer’s backside. Turn it on now.
- Now, unplug the wireless router’s power cord and wait 20 seconds.
Connect the power cord to the wireless router next.
NOTE: You must wait for internet service to be restored.
- Last but not least, switch on your system.
- Your system, printer, and network are all ready to connect to the internet. So, let’s go on to the next approach.
Solution-6 Check the cable connections to see if the status is displayed as offline.
To avoid an HP printer offline error, make sure the printer device and system are connected correctly. As a result, to prevent being offline on Windows 10, follow the procedures for connectivity.
- Ascertain that the printer and the system have proper network connectivity.
- In addition, double-check that any USB connections are secure.
- If you’re using a wireless printer, double-check that the internet and router are working properly.