You have come to the right place if you worry about protecting your original work by copyright law in India. The copyright registration protects original work in artistic, literary, cinematograph film, dramatic and sound recording. It is like paying the patent fees using the India patent fee calculator to get a patent. Though copyright registration is not essential for filing any infringement of your original work, it will be of great use in a court of law to claim damages and other remedies. If you are the first owner of work unless you assign its right, you are the sole owner of it to assert infringement of any improper use.
So, check out the many fees for registering a patent and the know-how to use the India, patent fee, and calculator. The copyright laws in India protect your original work and help you claim damages.
How to use the India, patent fee calculator?
Patenting products in India is an expensive and extensive process. While you file the patent, only the filing or official fees and the professional fees get disclosed. But you need to pay any other fees to the IPO of the Indian Patent Office for additional sheets, claims, requests for ordinary or expedited examination, publication, and amendments. There are different structures of fee payments for individuals or startups, small and large entities.
- For filing a patent of up to 30 pages and ten claims, the patent fee is Rs. 1,600 for an individual or startup. 4,000 and 8,000 for small and large entities
- For every sheet and claim over 30 and ten Rs. 160, 320 for individuals and startups, and Rs. 400 and 800 for small entities and Rs. 800 and 1600 for large entities
- Request for publication will cost individual Rs. 2,500, small entity Rs. 6,250 and large entity Rs. 12,500
- The patent fees for the ordinary and expedited examination for individuals/startups are Rs. 4,000 and 8,000, and for small entities, it is Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 25,000, and for the larger entity is Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 60,000.
- Any amendment before the grant costs Rs. 800 for startup & individual, Rs. 2000 and Rs. 4,000 for small and large entities
- The amendment for any address change will need to pay Rs.320, Rs. 800, and Rs. 1,600 for startup/individual, small and large entity.
You can also use the India patent fee calculator by keying in the details about the currency number of claims, pages, entity, individual/startup or single or large, priority dates, and request for examination to specify yes or no.
What are the copyright laws in India?
All the original work protects the copyright laws inIndia enacted by the Copyright Act 1857, supported by its rules in 1958 and the significant amendments made to it in 2012. Under these laws, your original work in many fields gets legal protection and rights, including preventing others from reproducing, selling, or licensing the work. India is a member of the 1886 Berne convention and the Universal Copyright Convention 1951. Hence, any original work created in the member countries gets protection in India, and the same applies to original work created in India among the other member countries.
The facts, patent fees, and copyright laws will surely help you get them fast, and seek the best copyright or patent lawyers for more assistance.