It can indeed prove to be a daunting task to clean your kitchen, especially for the final time, before moving out. Apart from the usual food crumbs and grease, there are a lot of other residues that get accumulated over time inside your kitchen. And eliminating that grime forms one of the biggest tasks that you have to tackle for the last time before you move out to your new home.
Therefore, to help you in your kitchen deep cleaning process, we have formulated this in-depth guide that you can go through in its entirety. Using this guide, you’ll be able to leave your kitchen spotless on the day of your move. So, without wasting any more precious moments, let’s start discussing the primary topic right away.
The Tools That You’ll Require
According to professional removalists in Sunshine Coast, before you start your cleaning process, you need to gather all your cleaning supplies. You can proceed to either buy store-bought products or use homemade cleaning solutions – as both are effective almost on the same terms. You must decide which route you have to head towards or you can use a combination of homemade & store-bought cleaning solutions. The following things will be required to kick-start the procedure:
- Paper Towels
- Cleaning Gloves
- Microfibre Cloth
- Dish or Sponge Towel
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Floor Cleaner
- Dish Soap
- Oven Cleaner
- Cleaning Products For Special Surfaces (Stainless Steel, Wood and the like)
If you want a more natural approach, you can utilize the following items instead:
- White Vinegar
- Table Salt
- Baking Soda
About Two-Three Weeks Before Moving
If you can get a head-start on your kitchen deep cleaning procedure, then you’ll be able to reduce your overall stress very easily, leading up to the final day of your move. We suggest spending at least an hour every day on the cleaning procedure. Things to do:
- It’s crucial to decide what things are essential and start packing the non-essential items.
- When you’re packing non-essential items, be sure to consolidate the items.
- Vacuum or sweep all the dirt & debris from each kitchen drawer or cabinet, as you proceed to empty them. Wipe down all the interior spaces with an all-purpose cleaner. Or you can proceed to use a mixture of vinegar & water (in a 1:2 ratio).
- It’s time you start taking stock of your refrigerator items. Even though it can be quite early to start the refrigerator cleaning process, the task will become easier later on if you toss all the useless items beforehand.
About One-Two Weeks Before Moving
As you proceed to pack all your non-essential items inside your kitchen, it’s time you turn your attention towards your kitchen appliances. On a moving day, you have to clean them. But, if you can do the same job beforehand, then you’ll be saving a lot of time & headache on your end.
- Take out all the racks of your oven and then start cleaning them using your trusted cleaning agents.
- Proceed to clean your oven interiors. You can use a mixture of dish soap & water as your cleaning solution. Moreover, clean the oven interiors too.
- Perform the same for the dishwasher – clean both the interiors as well as exteriors using a very potent cleaning solution.
- For cleaning the exteriors, you can use a microfiber cloth along with your cleaning solution.
When it comes to appliances such as the refrigerator and the microwave, we recommend deep cleaning the exteriors & interiors in the same manner, but only one or two days before the scheduled moving day. This is because you’ll need to use those appliances till the last day before moving and deep-cleaning them beforehand will not be useful.