The OST file, often known as the Outlook offline folder, always contains crucial Exchange Mailbox data that no one wants to lose. In some cases, a user may need expert advice converting OST to PST files in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019 in order to improve accessibility. As a result, this blog will inform readers of all the options available to them.
An OST file is a Microsoft Outlook offline folder that contains a mirror image of the Exchange Server mailbox. OST is a file that allows users to work without interruption in an offline mode. As soon as the connection is reestablished, all work done in the offline mode is successfully updated with the Exchange mailbox. As a result, data kept in an OST file is extremely important to users. However, unlike Outlook’s PST file, an OST file can only be accessed by the profile that produced it. Furthermore, the OST file can’t be transferred to another account. To do so, simply convert OST to PST Format.
When IMAP is configured or Outlook is connected to Exchange Server, an OST file is created. As a result, a user can use the OST file in the absence of an Exchange Server. In the event of an Exchange Server outage, it is considered a valuable asset. However, if your Exchange Server is removed or if you change jobs, you will be unable to access the OST file with any other account. Converting OST to PST format before accessing it in Outlook or another account.
Apart from that, it is difficult for a user to transfer a single OST file from one profile or machine to another while using the IMAP OST file. The backup of OST files, on the other hand, is not simple. Users convert Exchange OST to PST for a variety of reasons. Only the conversion of an OST file to a PST file allows users to view it on a different system or profile.
Manually convert an OST file to a PST file.
When a user considers exporting OST to PST format, there are a variety of manual options to consider. However, IT experts advise that you only use tried-and-true methods. I’ll describe how to use Microsoft MVP-approved OST to PST Converter Software in this post.
Trick 1: Use Archiving Feature of Converting OST to PST.
The Microsoft Outlook email software has an archive data feature that converts OST mailboxes to PST format. Follow the procedures outlined below to complete the task correctly:
- First and foremost, you must open Outlook on your local computer.
- After that, go to the File menu and select Archive from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Folder(s) or File(s) that you want to archive now.
- Then, on the local workstation, select the appropriate destination location for archive storage.
- Finally, press the Finish button.
Trick 2: Use the Microsoft Outlook Import/Export Wizard
The Import and Export wizard is another option for converting OST to PST format. However, Microsoft Outlook must be installed in order to complete this step. You can also solely export preset profile mailboxes.
- On your local PC, launch the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Navigate to File >> Import and Export after that.
- Choose Import from another software or file when the Import and Export Wizard appears on the screen. Next should be selected.
- Then, in the Import a File window, pick Personal Folder File (.pst) and click the Next button.
- Select the PST file from your computer and then click the Open >> Next button.
- Select the folder(s) you want to import and then click the Finish button.
After you’ve completed all of the steps above, Outlook will automatically convert all OST file contents to PST format.
The methods described above, on the other hand, are simple ways to convert OST to PST format in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019. However, there are several limits that these methods have. When it comes to orphan OST files, for example, the above procedure fails miserably.
Professional OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST Format
There’s a good risk that the approaches mentioned above won’t be able to complete the conversion. Thus, in order to have a guaranteed answer in all potential cases, a user is advised to employ a professional solution, such as SysTools OST to PST Converter Software is a powerful application that allows users to easily convert OST to PST format. In just a few clicks, it exports all data elements from the OST file.
OST to PST Converter has several additional capabilities.
- Allows you to convert numerous OST files to PST files at the same time.
- Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and Outlook 2016 users can convert large OST files to PST files.
- Convert orphaned, unavailable, or corrupt OST files to Outlook PST files.
- Using a date filter, you can export only certain emails from an OST file.
- SMIME / OpenPGP encryption from OST emails can be decrypted
- Supports all Microsoft Outlook versions as well as the Windows operating system.
Steps to Convert an OST File to a PST File for Outlook
For thorough data conversion, follow the steps given below. The steps are complete in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010. The steps is also double-check by a Microsoft MVP.
- Download, install and run the OST to PST Converter on your computer. After that, select the Open option.
- Open the software panel and browse the OST file. It also lets you look through the.bak file.
- View the entire data in one of seven different view modes, such as Normal Mail, HEX, HTML, MIME, RTF, Attachments, and so on. After that, select Export from the drop-down menu.
- Select the PST radio button and adjust the advanced options (if required). Then select a location to save the exported PST file.
- Go to the location and look at the PST file that is export.
When it comes to manually convert Outlook OST file data to PST, there are several options. However, free solutions are not without drawbacks. As a result, a professional solution is also recommended to export OST files in all cases. Depending on the demand, one can choose from any of the ways mentioned above.