A car with a malfunctioning brake is like an airplane amidst the sky with no fuel! Obviously, it’s dangerous, and just how! Even the thought of it makes you nervous; imagine the actual feel of facing such a situation during a drive! That is why you shouldn’t ever ignore the signs that your brake shows before a failure.
Some important signs that you shouldn’t avoid about your brakes
Let’s not forget the statistics that say a fair average number of accidents happen due to the brake failure of a car. And in most cases, the vehicle was already at high speed. Well, that’s what makes these vehicles turn into the trash that can only be given for car scrap in Auckland to Mega Car Collection. They tend to accept all such badly damaged cars and provide the owners with good cash in exchange for them. But you definitely don’t want that. And to avoid such a drastic situation, read the signs which your brake frequently gives out before failure.
- Squeaking noise — You will find that your brake gives a loud squeaking noise whenever you press it during the drive. You need not have to apply a lot of pressure on the brake for this noise — it comes out even when there is low pressure from your side. This obviously means that there is something wrong in your brake and you have to visit the mechanic soon.
- Shuddering of brake pedal and steering — Sometimes a brake pedal vibrates or shudders when you are using it. Even the steering joins the game at times. In both cases, there is something really wrong in this section of your car which demands quick attention.
- Direction pulls without using the brake — Sometimes, your car starts to pull to a side or direction without even applying pressure on the brake. This is something really serious and you shouldn’t definitely avoid this sign.
- Hot brakes — Hot brakes are definitely more serious than you can imagine. Mostly even your engine joins in the problem and it can be an overall issue dangerous for your car. Even if your engine is cool and the brake seems hot, rush to the mechanics immediately.
- Squishy pedal — A squishy pedal is another clear sign that there is something wrong with your brake. Remember, never press the brake with too much force during this time. It can actually worsen the situation.
- Jammed brakes — Jammed brake is another serious issue that clearly says you need to take care of it immediately. Remember, you’ll be lucky once to be safe even with a jammed brake, but every day won’t be the same!
Now each time you notice any of these signs in your car, never ever ignore them. If you find out these problems before you start off the journey, then it is well and good. Never start the drive before checking all these pointers with a mechanic. And if you find it in between the drive, we suggest you stop your car and get some help before starting it again. Never risk your life by playing dare.