Implants are an effective method to replace lost or damaged teeth. The rate of success in Dental implant surgery is very high. In this surgery, the dentist replaces the lost or damaged tooth. Inserting a dental implant in place of a missing or damaged tooth is a very lengthy process. Patients need to visit the clinic many times to get the surgery right. Dental implant specialist San Jose makes your smile look natural as it was earlier. Dental Implants not only make your smile good, but they also make your bite stronger as these implants have enough strength to withstand normal chewing.
Dental implant Surgery Steps:
- Tooth removal: The first step of the process is to remove the remaining damaged tooth or its fragments. The extraction wound needs to be healed before turning to the next step.
- Jaw preparation: after the tooth removal, your dentist will run some tests to examine if your jaw bone is vital to hold the implant. A bone grafting procedure will increase bone density and control your bone growth. Bone grafting also needs some time to heal.
- Implant placement: The Implant placement needs a minor oral surgical procedure. In this surgery, the jawbone is revealed after cutting through the gums. After drilling into the jawbone, the metal implant is set in the bone. The recovery time after the procedure can be very long as it takes a long time for the bone to cover the implant.
- Abutment placement: After the implant is inserted into your jawbone, an abutment will be attached to the implant. In this process, gum skin is opened to reveal the implant to attach the metal rod. This rod will hold the implant after the whole procedure.
- Artificial tooth placement: Low-cost dental implants San Jose CA will shape the new implant as per your mouth as the rest of your teeth. It is customized to get fit in your mouth without any irritation. After the crown customization, your dentist will attach the fake crown with the abutment.
Dental implant alternatives:
Dental implants for missing teeth are the best option. But there are many other ways to restore your smile if you do not want to go through the long process of dental implants.
Dental bridge: Dental bridges are fixed prosthetic devices. These devices are used to fill gaps of missing teeth. Dental bridges are ideal for young people who have growing bones.
Following are a few types of dental bridges:
Resin-bonded bridge: This bridge has a fake tooth and wings on both sides; that is why it is also called the Maryland bridge. These wings support the bridges from both sides. The wings are fixed with neighboring teeth with resin. These bridges are not fixed permanently in the bones.
Traditional bridge: This bridge requires existing teeth to support the device. These traditional bridges are also known as fixed-bridge. In this process, fake crowns are placed on the teeth on both sides. It fills the gap between the teeth. The dentist uses natural teeth in this process because they are stronger than resin-bonded bridges.