If you’re an experienced truck driver, you know exactly how important it is to wear good quality gloves. They help keep your hands warm in cold seasons and protect them from injury. Right now, there are plenty of different models of gloves on the market, and it can be difficult to choose the best gloves for truckers.
What are trucking gloves?
Trucker gloves are made of several different materials, including genuine leather, synthetic leather and Kevlar. In most cases, they are tightly lined to protect the hands from vibration and have reinforced palms for a better grip on the steering wheel.
Trucker gloves usually have Velcro fasteners for a snug fit, and come in all possible sizes to fit both women and men. They are not required by law to be on the truck, but most truckers find that they help increase comfort and safety on the road.
Why buy high-quality gloves?
There are quite a few advantages to wearing gloves while driving. First of all, they help keep your hands warm in cold weather. This is very important when driving for long periods of time, and when working outside of the truck, because without them, your hands get cold and numb. In addition, trucking gloves also provide a better grip on the steering wheel, which will help you have better control of the vehicle.
Also, trucking gloves help protect your hands from various damages caused by external factors, such as sunburns. In general, such gloves have a number of undoubted advantages that make them indispensable in the closet of any truck driver.
There are several different types of gloves on the market, and each has its own benefits.
These are the most common type of gloves used by truck drivers. They are very durable and reliably provide protection from various external influences, but they can be overpriced. Also, leather gloves require regular maintenance and care to keep them in proper condition.
Synthetic Leather Gloves
Gloves made of synthetic leather are a cheaper alternative to leather gloves. They also provide a decent level of protection against external influences. But they are not as durable as leather gloves and have a shorter lifespan.
Kevlar gloves are made of a strong synthetic material that is lightweight and comfortable. These gloves provide good protection against external influences, but they are even less durable than gloves made of natural or synthetic leather.
How do I choose gloves for the trucking industry?
When you start choosing gloves, there are several different things you need to consider.
- Climatic conditions. The most important thing to consider is the weather you will have to deal with while working. If your flights will be through states with cold climates, then you will need a warm glove that will keep your fingers warm. If you will be working in a hot region, you need a glove that will keep your hands cool.
- Size. Gloves come in a variety of sizes, so you just need to choose one that fits your hand as snugly as possible. If the glove is large, it will be uncomfortable to wear, and if it is small, it will not be able to provide the necessary protection.
- Closure. If you want your gloves to fit snugly around your hand, you’ll need a glove with a Velcro fastener. Also, some models of gloves have adjustable loops and hooks with which you can adjust the size more accurately.
- Padding. Some gloves are padded to protect your hands from vibrations. This is very important if you’re driving a truck for a long time. The padding greatly helps improve your grip on the steering wheel. But too much padding will make the glove uncomfortable, so it’s important to find the right balance.
- Reinforced palm. If you want the best grip from your gloves, choose gloves with a reinforced palm. This will help you improve your grip on the steering wheel and make it easier to steer.
- Price. The cost of gloves should also be considered. The prices of gloves vary greatly from a few dollars to over a hundred. It is important to choose an affordable option that will meet your requirements.
Trucker gloves are an essential part of any trucker’s closet. They help keep your hands warm in cold weather, provide a better grip on the steering wheel, and protect your hands from sunburn and other damage caused by external factors.