The Delhi University’s School of Open Learning is one of the best and premier distance education institutions in the country. It offers many courses such as BA and BCom programs with many specializations in UG and PG level courses.
BA Political Science is a three-year undergraduate degree program. The program consists of many subjects including core and elective topics of political aspects. In this program, students are taught many subjects like historical and modern political systems, governmental policies and systems, public administration, public affairs, international relations, etc. The eligibility criteria for taking admission to the course is at least 10+2 passed with at least 50% marks in any discipline or stream from a recognized board of education. The admission to the program is based on merit list and cut-off percentage.
Why DU SOL and what is the Scope of study in BA (H) Pol. Science?
Delhi University is one of the best educational hubs of the country that offers quality education from dedicated professionals. Students here get many opportunities to achieve best in class training and skills. The institution offers flexibility in most of its programs and the course fee is also very low as compared to other institutions. DU SOL provides UGC approved degrees and certificates that are completely valid by all means.
BA (H) Political Science) is amongst the highly preferred courses in DU SOL. students from almost every corner of the country take admission to this program to become politicians, administrative officers and so on. After completing this program, a student can easily go for higher education and available job opportunities. There are many job opportunities or career options just after completing this course. Some of the top notched career options are mentioned below:
- Political Analyst
- Market Researcher
- Budget Analyst
- Public Relation and Fundraising Manager
- News Reporter
DU SOL BA Political Science Eligibility
Candidates must check the eligibility conditions first before taking admission to the particular program. The complete instructions related to eligibility are mentioned on the official website of DU SOL. You can easily take references from the admission brochure of DU SOL admissions.
- In case you want to know the eligibility conditions of BA (H) Political Science, then follow these steps:
- A candidate must have passed the class 12th examination from a valid and recognized board.
- Students need at least 50% marks in aggregate in class 12th examination with 10+2 mode of study.
- Candidates from all the streams are eligible for admission to DU SOL BA Political Science.
Note: For age-related relaxations, refer to the admission brochure of the university.
BA (H) Political Science) Course Highlights
- Type of the program: undergraduate/ bachelor degree
- Duration of the Program: 3 years
- Admission procedure: Merit-based
- Mode of Examination: semester
- Language: Hindi/ English
- Fee Structure: 4040 INR for one year
BA (H) Political Science Syllabus
There are many subjects a student has to study in three years of the bachelor degree program. Some prominent subjects are:
Semester 1 and 2
- Understanding Political Theory
- Constitutional Government and Democracy
- Political Theory- Debate and Concepts
- Political Processes in India
Semester 3 and 4
- Perspectives on Public Administration
- Introduction to Comparative Government and Policies
- Perspectives on International Relations and World History
- Global Politics
- Public Policy and Administration in India
- Political Process and Institutions in Comparative Perspective
Semester 5 and 6
- Classical Political Philosophy
- Modern Political Philosophy
- Indian Political Thought
- Modern Indian Political Thought
Admission Procedure for BA (H) Political Science
Students need to check the admission procedure for their desired course using the official admission procedure. The steps for BA (H) Political Science admission procedure are mentioned below:
- First of all, you need to log on to sol.du.ac.in.
- Then, hit the UG registration portal.
- Next, tap on the New Registration tab there.
- Now, you have to enter mandatory details like:
- Your name
- Email ID, Phone number
- Hit the submit tab and finish your registration procedure.
- You will be provided with a username and password. Use the same and log in to the DU SOL admission procedure.
- Now, a new application form will open on your screen.
- Then, enter all the mandatory details like your name, father’s name, mother’s name, course of study, marital status and so on.
- Submit your personal details and follow on-screen directions for uploading important documents like:
- Last qualification certificate and mark sheet (class 10 and 12)
- Migration certificate (in case the student belongs to any other state)
- Scanned copy of signature and photograph
- Age proof certificate, if required.
- Now, tap on the submit button.
- The next step is the fee submission and you need to submit the same using an online fee submission portal.
- The required fee per year is 4040 INR. You can easily pay the same using any of the available modes of payment like:
- Net banking
- Credit or debit card etc
- After submitting the required fee, it is recommended to take the print-out of the filled-in form with an acknowledgement slip.
DU SOL Benefits
Admission to DU SOL is very easy as it is based on the merit list released by the institute during every admission cycle. Students get many benefits after taking admission to this top-notched university. Some of them are mentioned below:
- UGC approved degree program
- Low program fee
- Affordable course structure
- Best faculty and guidance panel
- Placement assistance
- Extracurricular activities
What are the top BA University destinations?
Here is the list of all the major BA colleges for students:
- University of Delhi
- Chandigarh University
- Jaipur National University
- Annamalai University
- Tamil Nadu Open University
What are the eligibility criteria for Distance BA?
You have to be a 10+2 pass out from a recognized board with a minimum percentage of 50%. The bar of minimum percentage may vary as per the university.
Do we have to give any entrance examination for taking admission in BA Distance?
There is no entrance examination to get enrolled in Distance BA. You just need to score
A minimum percentage in 12th to get enrolled in BA distance learning.
What is the duration of BA Distance?
One can complete the Distance MA within 3 to 6 years.
Can I pursue MBA after BA?
Yes, you can if you have an interest in management and entrepreneurship.